Stir-fry Broccoli with beef
This is a very common dish. Broccoli in the UK is very affordable and readily available so I make it almost every day. You can cook almost anything with it. This time I use mushrooms and beef.
Mushroom 5 (small), sliced
Beef 120g, sliced
Garlic 3 cloves, crushed
Corn flour 1/2tsp
Soy sauce 3tsp
Soy sauce 2tsp
Sesame oil 1/4tsp
Corn starch 1/2tsp
1. Marinate the beef with the marinate ingredients for 10 minutes.
2. Cut the broccoli into small pieces.
3. Add the broccoli into boiling water with a pinch of salt, simmer for 3 minutes. Drain well.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add garlic and stir fry until you can smell the aroma. Add the beef and mushroom into the frying pan. Keep stirring it until half cooked.
5. Add the cooked broccoli into the frying pan and stir fry.
6. Mix the soy sauce, corn flour and water in a small bowl. Add the soy sauce mixture into the frying pan. After all ingredients are fully cooked, serve hot.
This is another vegetarian version I made on the other day. I use mushroom, carrot and egg white (egg yolk was added in my cake) with broccoli. So you can make your very own stir-fry broccoli.